Disclaimer: Once you made these heavenly tasting Cantuccini, it is your duty to regularly making these. So better double everything in the recipe to have some to give away (or start to do more sports so you can have them all).
As I already told ya, I never measure and I don’t follow recipes too exactly. I could explain, that your flour may behave differently than mine does or that the eggs my supermarket sells are smaller than yours and this all leads to different results.. but in fact I am just lazy 🙂 If you want to know how much of what you will need, you should use about:
- 200 g almonds
- 250 g flour
- 150 g brown sugar
- half of a vanilla stick
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 2 more or less little sips of Amaretto
- a pinch of salt
- 20 g butter
- 2 eggs
- Pour yourself a little Amaretto, just for quality control.
- Mix all ingredients
- Form a ball from the dough, wrap it in cling film and put the whole thing in the fridge for 30 minutes
- In the meanwhile you can quality control the Amaretto, just in case.
- Preheat the oven, should be around 200 C
- Now form 4 rolls from the dough and lay them on a baking tray, flatten them a bit so that they are oval-shaped
- Bake for 15 minutes
- Get them out of the oven and let them cool down. (super important, they will break otherwise)
- After they cooled down, cut them in finger thick pieces and lay them on the baking tray again.
- Bake again for about 10 minutes
- let those beauties cool down (if you are strong enough to resist… I burnt my mouth 😇)